Tucked into Lake Huron in Ontario, the Georgian Bay area is one of the most picturesque places to live for foodies, young families, retirees, adventurists, those who want to live a waterfront lifestyle, and everyone in between. What makes the Georgian Bay area so great (and such a hot real estate market right now)? I want to take a minute and highlight some of the great amenities in this area that make it an excellent place to live, work, and play.
- Beautiful Beaches—The white sandy beaches of North Simcoe are enjoyed by tourists and locals alike throughout the summer. From Balm Beach to Blue Beach, the beaches in the Georgian Bay area offer incredible views and fun attractions, like jet skiing, paddle boarding, beach shops, ice cream parlours, and more.
- Outdoor adventures—It’s no secret the Georgian Bay area is a prime place for all sorts of recreation. With incredible hiking trails that boast stunning colours in the fall to lengthy and scenic biking trails, there’s something for everyone who wants to get outside, get active, and enjoy the sites and scenes of this area. Try the Simcoe County Loop Trail for a stunning bike ride, the famous Apple Pie Trail in the Fall, and skiing at Blue Mountain in the winter.
- Golf—A favourite pastime for many people in the Georgian Bay, there are hundreds of premier golf courses throughout this area. Throughout the spring and summer season, there are also multiple tournaments to participate in and enjoy watching. For example, the “Swing into Spring” annual golf event is a favourite of people in this area every year.
- Relaxation and wellness—Living in the Georgian Bay area, you have to balance out all that outdoor recreation with some serious relaxation and pampering. There are many local spas and wellness centres located throughout this area, so you can relax and enjoy a massage whenever you want.
- Shopping and Dining—There are multiple shops and restaurants throughout the Georgian Bay area that reflect local culture, history, and art. Enjoy everything from boutiques to fine dining by the water anytime throughout the week.
Does living the Georgian Bay lifestyle sound intriguing? Click here to see some of my current listings and some of the available properties in this beautiful and exciting part of the world.